Map of NEHO
NEHO, a section of Northeast Hoboken, has undergone significant transformation in recent years. The neighborhood has seen a surge in condo development and a transformation of old factories into luxury apartments, attracting new residents to the area. Many of these buildings offer stunning views of the New York City skyline, as well as a variety of amenities such as rooftop decks, fitness centers, and 24-hour concierge service. If you want to live in Hoboken in a larger building with an elevator, doorman, parking, shuttle to the Path, proximity to the ferry, gym, and some of the best views money can buy, you'll likely look at living in these condo buildings. To note - while they're condo buildings, there are always plenty of apartments for rent.
Condos in NEHO
Condo buildings that make up NEHO include The Hudson Tea Buildings at 1500 Washington St and 1500 Hudson St, Harborside Lofts at 1500 Garden St, 1425 Hudson St, 1400 Hudson St, 1450 Washington St, Garden Street Lofts at 1425 Garden St, South Constitution at 2 Constitution Ct, and Maxwell Place at 1000 Maxwell Lane, 1025 Maxwell Lane, 1100 Maxwell Lane, 1125 Maxwell Lane. Residential property prices in these NEHO condo buildings are among the most expensive in Hoboken, averaging a bit over $1m and exceeding $900 per square foot, as 2023.
Discover the iconic Hudson Tea Buildings, a prestigious residential landmark in Hoboken, New Jersey. Located at 1500 Washington St and 1500 Hudson St, these historic buildings offer a blend of luxury and history. Originally the Lipton Tea factory, they were transformed into upscale condos by Toll Brothers in 2005. The community features 525 units across two buildings, with a variety of floor plans ranging from studios to three-bedroom units, spanning approximately 735 to 3,500 square feet.
The Hudson Tea Buildings are a testament to elegant urban living. Each condo boasts high ceilings over 13 feet, in-unit washer-dryers, and in-wall air conditioning. The pet-friendly policy adds to the comfort of residents. The buildings' rich history includes notable past residents like Eli Manning and Jon Corzine, adding to its allure.
Residents enjoy unparalleled amenities, including a waterfront promenade with stunning views of the New York City skyline and the Hudson River. The buildings offer two 24-hour attended lobbies, a 3,000 sq. ft. fitness center, a residents club, and a business center. The convenience of an on-site cafe, French bakery, and dry cleaner, along with a shuttle service to the PATH, enhances the living experience.
Situated in a prime location, The Hudson Tea Buildings are close to Hoboken's vibrant shopping and nightlife. The scenic landscaped waterfront and private plaza park provide serene outdoor spaces. With convenient parking and easy access to Manhattan via ferry or bus, these buildings are ideal for those seeking a luxurious lifestyle in a historic setting.
Experience the epitome of waterfront luxury at Harborside Lofts, located at 1500 Garden St in Hoboken, NJ. This prestigious building, originally built in 1913 and reimagined in 2007, offers 116 exquisite condo units with 1-3 bedroom options, ranging from 702 to 2564 square feet. Harborside Lofts is a haven for those seeking spacious, loft-style living with modern amenities and breathtaking views.
- Location: Nestled in Hoboken's vibrant NEHO neighborhood, Harborside Lofts offers easy access to NYC, major transportation, and a rich array of local dining and shopping options.
- Luxury Living: Each unit features high 13+ foot ceilings, central air conditioning, in-unit washer-dryers, and oversized windows offering stunning views of Manhattan and the Hudson River.
- Amenities: Residents enjoy a 24-hour concierge, an in-building gym, and access to a rooftop pool at 1400 Hudson St. The building also includes a rooftop garden terrace with BBQ and seating areas, perfect for entertaining and enjoying the NYC skyline.
- Pet-Friendly Policy: Harborside Lofts welcomes pets, with a policy allowing up to two pets per unit, excluding pitbulls and dobermans.
- Transportation and Parking: Convenient shuttle service to the Hoboken PATH station, proximity to the NY Waterway 14th St Ferry, and NJ Transit bus services make commuting effortless. Parking is available across the street.
Living in Harborside Lofts means embracing a lifestyle of luxury and convenience. The building's proximity to over 10 restaurants within a 3-block radius, including popular spots like Pilsener Haus & Biergarten and Dino & Harry’s, adds to the allure of this location. The nearby parks, children's playground, and seasonal farmer’s market contribute to a vibrant community atmosphere.
For those seeking an upscale living experience in Hoboken, Harborside Lofts at 1500 Garden St is an unparalleled choice. Its blend of historical charm, modern amenities, and prime location make it a highly desirable destination for those looking to buy or rent condos in Hoboken.
1450 Washington St is a modern residential gem in uptown Hoboken, New Jersey. This 12-story structure, completed in 2012, houses 157 condo units ranging from studios to 3-bedroom apartments with sizes ranging from 685 to 1,504 square feet. It's an excellent alternative for individuals looking for a mix of modern living and a convenient urban lifestyle.
Key characteristics include:
- Location: 1450 Washington St is located in the quieter, more family-oriented uptown neighborhood of Hoboken, known for its relaxed pace of life, between 14th and 15th streets, near Weehawken Cove and Harborside Park.
- Condo Interiors: Custom cabinetry, hardwood floors, gourmet kitchens with Bosch stainless steel appliances, and generously sized bedrooms are among the features of the units. In-unit washer-dryers and in-wall air conditioning provide comfort and convenience.
- Amenities: Residents have access to an in-building gym, outdoor pool at 1400 Hudson St, a children's playroom, a rooftop deck with BBQ, a doorman, a doorman, and parking next door. A private shuttle to the Hoboken PATH station makes commuting even easier.
- Pet Policy: The building allows up to two pets per unit with no weight limit, with the exception of pitbulls and dobermans.
- Transportation: The building is located about a block from the NJ Transit 126 Bus that takes you into Port Authority, and only a few short blocks to the Hoboken 14th St Ferry, providing quick access to NYC and important transportation links.
Living in 1450 Washington St means being steps away from a variety of dining and shopping options. From brunch at Anthony David's to dinner at Dino & Harry's Steakhouse, and casual gatherings at City Bistro, residents are spoilt for choice. The building's proximity to Trader Joe's, CVS, and local gyms like New York Sports Club, ensures a well-rounded urban experience.
1450 Washington St is an appealing option for individuals wanting to buy or rent in Hoboken, blending modern luxury with the beauty and convenience of uptown Hoboken life.
Discover the charm of 1400 Hudson St, a noteworthy addition to the premium real estate market in Hoboken. This 12-story building, completed in 2017, is part of the exclusive Hudson Tea Condominium Association and provides 236 modern condos ranging from studios to 3-bedrooms with sizes ranging from 634 to 1,642 square feet. It's an excellent alternative for people looking for a mix of modern living and urban convenience in Hoboken, NJ.
- Location: 1400 Hudson St is located in the vibrant north part of Hoboken, close to the Hoboken 14th St Ferry and the 126 NJ Transit bus, providing convenient access to NYC. Its proximity to Weehawken Cove and Harborside Park adds to its allure.
- Condo Interiors: The condos have quartz worktops, custom cabinets, Bosch and Thermador appliances, and private terraces in select apartments, which were designed by noted interior designer Andres Escobar. The industrial-inspired design honors the site's history.
- Amenities: Residents have access to a 24-hour attended lobby, a rooftop swimming pool, a fitness facility with spin bikes and a yoga studio, a children's playroom, and a sports den with billiards. The rooftop patio features a BBQ area, sitting chairs, and an outside TV.
- Pet Policy: The building allows up to two pets per unit with no weight limit, with the exception of pitbulls and dobermans.
- Parking and Storage: Residents can make use of in-building private garage parking and storage space.
Living at 1400 Hudson St means being surrounded by a wide range of dining and shopping options. Residents have access to a wide range of restaurants, from the American menu at City Bistro to the traditional Mexican cuisine at Baja Mexican Cuisine. The accessibility of the building to Trader Joe's, CVS, and neighborhood fitness centers such as the New York Sports Club ensures a well-rounded lifestyle.
For those looking to buy or rent in Hoboken, 1400 Hudson St presents an attractive option, combining modern luxury with the convenience and vibrancy of uptown Hoboken living. Oh, and to take advantage of those gorgeous summer evenings, to grill, chill, and take in the NYC skyline, select condos have private deeded rooftop terraces
Explore the luxurious lifestyle at 1425 Hudson St, a prestigious addition to Hoboken's real estate scene. Completed in 2019, this 12-story building houses 99 units, offering a range from studios to 3-bedroom residences, with sizes varying between 519 and 2147 square feet. It's an ideal destination for those seeking a blend of modern elegance and urban convenience in Hoboken, NJ.
- Location: 1425 Hudson St is located on the waterfront, providing residents with stunning views and easy access to Hoboken's vibrant shopping, dining, and cultural amenities.
- Condo Interiors: The residences boast hardwood floors, in-unit washer/dryers, generous closets, and open layouts. Kitchens feature oak-and-blackened metal cabinetry, Quartz countertops, and Thermador appliances. Bathrooms are adorned with Quartz countertops, Kohler fixtures, and honed limestone floors.
- Amenities: The building offers a fitness center, a rooftop pool view NYC views, a playroom, a rooftop deck with a BBQ area, and a welcoming lobby. Select residences include private terraces or balconies, and private rooftop terraces with built-in kitchens are available for purchase.
- Pet Policy: The building is pet-friendly, allowing a maximum of 2 pets per unit, catering to common domesticated household pets.
- Parking: There is covered in-building garage parking.
Living at 1425 Hudson St means being steps away from a variety of dining and entertainment options. From the bar/American atmosphere of The Madison Bar & Grill to the classic French pastries at Choc O Pain French Bakery and Cafe, residents have numerous bar and restaurant options within a stone's throw. The building's proximity to Kings Food Markets, Sparrow Wine & Liquor, and local coffee shops like Cowabunga ensures a convenient and enjoyable lifestyle.
For those looking to buy or rent in Hoboken, 1425 Hudson St presents an attractive option, combining contemporary luxury with the charm and convenience of waterfront living.
Discover South Constitution at 2 Constitution Court, a notable residential building in Hoboken, NJ. Completed in 1999, this 13-story building offers 168 units, ranging from 1 to 4 bedrooms, with sizes between 650 and 3600 square feet. It's an excellent choice for those seeking a comfortable and convenient urban living experience near the waterfront and NYC skyline.
- Location: South Constitution is ideally situated in Hoboken's Uptown, on the Hudson River waterfront. This prime location is literally next to Pier 13, Shipyard Park, and the Hoboken Historical Museum, making it perfect for enjoying the city's vibrant lifestyle.
- Condo Interiors: The units feature open floor plans, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, and in-unit laundry. Due to the building's age, some units may have updated materials, offering a unique character and style to each residence.
- Amenities: Residents enjoy a 24-hour doorman, two outdoor pools (one at the Sovereign), a gym, and onsite parking. The building also includes a child's playroom, community room, play area, and an outdoor terrace with primetime views of the Hudson River and NYC.
- Pet Policy: South Constitution is pet-friendly, accommodating residents with pets.
- Transportation: Located 57 seconds from the Hoboken 14th St Ferry, and a few more to the 126 Bus, the building provides convenient commuting options to NYC. A private shuttle to and from the PATH station is also available.
South Constitution residents are surrounded by a range of food and entertainment opportunities, from the rooftop bar at City Bistro to the Asian fusion food at Shokudo. The proximity of the building to Kings Food Markets, Sparrow Wine & Liquor, and local coffee cafes such as Cowabunga and Starbucks ensures a convenient and comfortable lifestyle.
South Constitution offers a blend of comfort and convenience, with the added appeal of riverfront and NYC skyline views, making it a great alternative for urban living for those wanting to purchase or rent in Hoboken.
Maxwell Place in Hoboken, NJ, offers a unique residential experience with its four buildings located at 1100 Maxwell Lane, 1125 Maxwell Lane, 1025 Maxwell Lane, and 1000 Maxwell Lane. Built between 2006 and 2021, this development provides a range of living options from studios to 4-bedroom units, with sizes spanning 610 to 3,212 square feet. It's a great choice for those seeking a comfortable living space near the waterfront, with easy access to ferry and PATH services, covered in-building garage parking facilities, and stunning NYC views.
- Location: Situated along the Hudson River waterfront, Maxwell Place gives residents easy access to Manhattan, with the Hoboken 14th St ferry and the 126 bus to Port Authority just minutes away. Its location in Hoboken offers residents the charm of waterfront living combined with the convenience of city life.
- Condo Interiors: The units feature modern amenities like in-unit washer-dryers and central air conditioning. The variety in building ages means a range of styles and updates in the interiors, catering to diverse tastes and preferences.
- Amenities: Maxwell Place offers a range of amenities including multiple rooftop pools, a 24-hour doorman, fitness centers, children's playrooms, community lounges, and a movie theatre. The rooftop areas provide BBQ facilities and stunning views of Manhattan.
- Pet Policy: The development is pet-friendly, allowing up to two pets per unit with no weight limit, excluding aggressive breeds.
- Transportation: A shuttle service to the PATH station and proximity to the Hoboken 14th St ferry ensure easy commuting to NYC. The development also offers in-building deeded parking, adding convenience for residents.
Living at Maxwell Place means being close to a variety of dining and shopping options. Residents can enjoy meals at City Bistro, handmade pastas at Apulia Pizza, or brunch at Turning Point of Hoboken. The community's proximity to Kings Food Markets and Sparrow Wine & Liquor adds to the convenience of daily life.
For those looking to buy or rent in Hoboken, Maxwell Place offers a blend of comfort, convenience, and scenic views, making it an attractive option for urban living near the waterfront and NYC skyline.
Cost of Living in NEHO
The influx of new development and residents to Northeast Hoboken can be attributed in part to the rising cost of living in New York City. With housing prices and rents skyrocketing in Manhattan and the surrounding boroughs, many people are looking for more affordable options that are still close to the city. Hoboken, and in particular, NEHO, with its easy access to public transportation and proximity to Manhattan, has become an attractive option for those seeking a more affordable lifestyle without sacrificing convenience.
For more on why people are leaving NYC for Hoboken, you can watch THIS VIDEO.
Getting back to amenities for a moment, all of the aforementioned full-service buildings aside from 1425 Garden St offer a full time doorperson and weekday morning and evening shuttle service to and from the PATH. 1400 Hudson St is the only one offering a full-size rooftop pool, which residents of that building as well as 1450 Washington St and 1500 Garden St have access to.
If you're looking for private outdoor space, future residents will want to look at 1400 Hudson St and 1450 Washington St. There are a limited number of homes with private outdoor space at Harborside Lofts, 1425 Hudson St, and 1425 Garden St, and no condos at The Hudson Tea Buildings offer private outdoor space.
Car owners take note - parking in NEHO is relatively easy. 1425 Hudson St and 1400 Hudson St have in-building parking, while the other buildings utilize the public garage on the corner of 15th and Bloomfield St. Some good news is that even if a condo doesn't come with parking, it's relatively easy to find a spot for rent for a few hundred dollars a month.
Now if you're wondering how to commute to NYC for work, there are numerous options. The 126 NJ Transit bus picks up at 14th/Bloomfield and shuttles you into Port Authority, where you can hop on a subway to your final destination. As mentioned above, most of the buildings have morning/evening shuttle service to/from the PATH in downtown Hoboken, and lastly, the ferry at 14th St has rush hour service to Midtown/39th St, Brookfield Place, as well as Wall Street.
The PATH is also a good option. PATH (Port Authority Trans-Hudson) is a rapid transit system is managed by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, and it connects various neighborhoods in New York City with several cities in New Jersey, including Newark, Jersey City, and Hoboken.
The PATH system operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and it consists of four lines: the Journal Square-33rd Street line, the Newark-World Trade Center line, the Hoboken-World Trade Center line, and the Hoboken-33rd Street line. Each line serves multiple stations, and the system carries millions of passengers every year.
If you'd like to explore NEHO further, you can browse current condos for sale and for rent here, or browse all Hoboken real estate and condos for sale and please don't hesitate to email, call, or text for assistance buying or selling your NEHO home.